Dead... and Back is a survival horror Role Playing Game. The Anarchy Zones is its official setting - aliens, reanimates, and the ruins of 2055 America.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Rooftop Rain

I'm one of those odd people who enjoy the rain, no matter how driving it is. A thick Mackinaw jacket, an umbrella, and a plastic lounge chair, and I'm set. Maybe a stiff drink in a child's sip-it cup - don't want it getting too watered down. Its refreshing, takes the dust out of te air and off the ground. I breath easier. It helps me meditate.

Right now I've got a wonderful seat. Lightning over the ocean making double spider webs. White capped waves breaking over the old dams and rushing through the streets. My husband thinks I'm a bit macabre for watching major metropolitan areas get flooded.

Do you think that is true? I, I don't think so. No one lives there any more, its not hurting anything. And I did things to help when others didn't. Do I even need to explain how FUBARed things were? Peak oil and 400 dollars a barrel - double digit gas prices. Government rationing of fuel. Food prices going through the roof. Rioting.

I really believe that the aliens arrival staved off another civil war. Sure, the arco project saved oil and was beginning to pay off - but you can't tell me those billions wouldn't have been better spent feeding people directly, or building more power infrastructure. Or better yet, water and desalinization. Global warming's a b-

Did you see that? Is that someone down there? I thought I... There it is again. Big fellow. One of those power - no, no they don't move like that. Give me those binoculars.

oh my god.

Its not holding a gun, its lower arm is a gun. There's antennas sticking out of it. Get inside. Get inside now. Its one of those super reanimates. Tank killers. We got to go warn the others. No one here has anything that can even tickle it. We gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment