2010 hasn't been such a good year for me. It was supposed to begin with some oral surgery to remove broken wisdom teeth, which then got delayed until April. Both my parents have received bad news about their employment status, and my dad had surgery. A much beloved Aunt died, as did a cat that has been in the family for 18 years. Opportunities to role-play or test my games were all but non-existent, and projects that I hoped to work on remain undone.
This electronic document, and the fact that I've been able to mostly keep to schedule with nearly eighty posts stands out as one of the highlights of the year.
So what do I want for this game in 2011?
- I want to make the branching choice about what the next edition should be like
- 1.5 simply means cleaning up what is already present.
- 2.0 is a more thorough overhaul more thoroughly, including the 1-7 stats with two aim attributes I've discussed before.
- Chapter names will become more thematic: "Rise, Move, Attack, Evolve, Reflect, Analise, Archive" - the last four being room for optional rules, in setting info, encyclopedic facts, and GM tools like adventures and NPCs.
- In either case, I must begin to prioritize to figure out how much must really be in the book.
- A more finalized version of the supplement will become available.
- The search for an artist must begin as this should go beyond just text to a publishable work.
- Hopefully comments and traffic on this site will increase, and the feedback can drive further creativity.
- Dead EISS anime war game
- Mosquito Fleet educational game about PT operations in WWII
- Edge Knights medieval cyberpunk
- Six Gun - a reconstruction era wild west game
- Of G-Men and Supermen needs a supplement
- Gangland Triage - the expanded and complete edition of my old Gangland Rules
- Emperor's Edict - an indie style game about being the thought police.
- 24 hour RPG projects
- A game that fits in a CD case about spies working undercover as a rock band and its roadies.
And don't let the zombies bite you.