Dead... and Back is a survival horror Role Playing Game. The Anarchy Zones is its official setting - aliens, reanimates, and the ruins of 2055 America.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Aardvark's Absence

October should have been the key time for anyone writing a horror themed game. Yet I found myself tired and with writer's block - and missed an unheard of number of posts - I did better with pre-written entries while in India last year!

November is recognized by some as the "Naga Demon" - National Game Design Month" - a variation of national novel writing month. I would like to use this time as a sabbatical from D&B to work on some of my other projects, or finish a new one (its been a while since I wrote a 24 hour game for instance.) I also want to return to the point where I'm adding stories to D&B out of a sense of crating the world or because I have something fun to share, and not simply - oh no, its Tuesday again, and I have to write something for my invisible audience.

An actual need to publish is rearing its head. In part, I could use the income, and in part because this project has gone on long enough and really deserves a place on some shelves. Friends and family have pointed out that I have put a huge amount of effort into this, yet for the most part only get back the occasional comment.

Version 4 is going to be free, and I don't want to take that away, but presumably any feedback from that is going to be affect the commercial release.


Sorry about the lack of posts, I hope to have enough to make up for it when I start writing these stories again in December. Thanks for reading, and thank you for your support.

1 comment:

  1. Chum, you sound glum. Don't be! You've created something superb. We've been playing the game for MONTHS and would continue doing so if my group hasn't just had a birth in it! (babies, eh!). Look! Here's a bloke playing your game! Your system has just robbed him of lots of resource he'd been saving!

    http://www.1km1kt.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=4686

    Don't lose sight of the huge amount of enjoyment people have had from your game. People around the world. Not paid playtesters. Playing because they really wanted to play it.

    So, chin up. Get your game together and release it commercially. I'll buy it.

    ReplyDelete