Dead... and Back is a survival horror Role Playing Game. The Anarchy Zones is its official setting - aliens, reanimates, and the ruins of 2055 America.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Moving On

Which way are you heading? Anywhere but Mansfield I hope? Passford? Never herd of it, but that will do, that will do. At this rate you could say "valhalla" or "tarterus" and I'd still follow, it is well past time I leave this place.

Astute observation, yes, it is too dangerous for one person. I wasn't alone when I came here, had three others with me you see. Wouldn't exactly say friends, but they had skills, and should there be enough to go around, weren't going to get greedy and stab you for an extra share.

Well, in theory, it was an easy pick. A lot of these small towns and truck-stops just disappeared off the map. Electric Cars, computer controlled transit lanes, it all stopped pretty quickly, and no food, no electricity - die off or run off. There is usually a good chunk of stuff left behind, and really how many reanimates can there be in a small town - of only four-thousand to begin with before most of them left?

How wrong we were.

A tip - when things go south from the get-go, its easy - you just run off. Its when things slowly heat up to a boiling point that you get burned.

The grim details are a bit too fresh to be talking about them at the moment. But let me put it this way. I got split off, dodged some hordes, got to the base, and saw signs of a struggle, but no bodies. Reanimates celebrate their victories by dragging off all of the bodies.

Not my friends true, but when the time comes to shoot your formerly alive former co-workers, it is time to find a different base of operations, and leave them to do whatever it is reanimates do when no one is looking. I'm sentimental that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment