Dead... and Back is a survival horror Role Playing Game. The Anarchy Zones is its official setting - aliens, reanimates, and the ruins of 2055 America.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Zombies Want Cake

Today I turn 30. I'm not exactly in the place I expected to be at this time, but then again I never really planned that far in advance anyway. If you're not going anywhere, why rush?

Since the Anarchy Zone takes place in 2055, that would make me seventy-two at the time, and not too likely to survive the hardships. Then again, I can't think of any time in my life I would do all that well in a zombie apocalypse. I've still tried to think of some ways to cope with it, and they're rather prosaic. Specifically:


  1. The most important skill you can have is "dealing with A-holes gracefully" - just because other survivors have the knowledge or resources for survival, doesn't mean you will like them.
  2. Never stay somewhere with less than two exits
  3. Claw Hammer: No sharpening, no ammunition, built in crow bar, good leverage for breaking skulls, available everywhere - its the perfect tool.
  4. Use ear protection when operating firearms - hearing loss and the undead don't mix.
  5. Strength in numbers - it works for them, make it work for you.
  6. Don't forget your dice - keeping a positive attitude and escaping stress with games keeps everyone more alert and away from each other's throats.
  7. The undead are easy, its the living that cause problems.
  8. Zombie Movies are warnings, not instruction manuals. This goes double for video games.
  9. Take time to enjoy the view, when are you going to have this experience again?
  10. This too shall pass.
(Number Eleven would be - "Hey baby, lets repopulate the world" does not work as a pick-up line.)


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday CA! 30 is a good age. I can just about remember it. :)

    ReplyDelete