Dead... and Back is a survival horror Role Playing Game. The Anarchy Zones is its official setting - aliens, reanimates, and the ruins of 2055 America.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Another Year of Game Design

OK, today is my Twenty-eighth birthday. So let us begin with some undead fun:



Not only is this a good zombie song, but I find this particular rendition informative as well. Turn on the closed captions and you can see the difference between American Sign Language and spoken English. I am quite thankful that I have made it all these years with my body quite intact.

Looking to the future, what do I plan for Dead and Back?

There are still some elements in the FFS edition that need revising. The two page combat example should be totally redone, example vehicles finished, the scarcity rules edited, and some info about running towns included. Ideas about Altruism points and schedules of reinforcement need to be worked out.

This also presents another fork in the road - to split the document between rules and setting, or continue a combined approach. Separate documents makes the files smaller, and opens the way to add more settings - such as the cyberpunk styled prequel from before The Event. Furthermore, there is the question of how to arrange the stories and which are truly necessary to play.

I know that I have been neglecting other parts of the world. I haven't really had a chance to visit many other places, so I'm kind of limited to the US (and even then, I'm generalizing.)

Perhaps this is the year to actually get this published?

No comments:

Post a Comment